Whether velvet, satin, vintage, flower-embellished, sequin-covered, or the perfect shade of plum, the shoes found beneath the hem of a modern bride’s gown are almost always fabulous. Choosing a pair of shoes to sport while you say “I do” is not as simple as it used to be. Get inspired by these wedding shoe trends we love…
1. Flowers: Whether they’re oversized, organza, sparkly, or in some cases still alive, we love a bride who can really rock the floral trend. (Photo credit: Left | Right)
2. Booties: Who doesn’t love a stylish, lace up, open-toed bootie? The Seychelles on the left are actually called the “I do Pumps.” (Photo credit: Left | Right)
3. Turquoise: It’s in and we love it. Especially when it comes in the form of suede. (Photo credit: Left | Right)
4. Polka Dots: Add polka dots to your turquoise and you’re really in business. (Photo credit: Left | Right)
5. Vintage Lace: When you go vintage, you can choose to be dramatic (left) or soft and understated (right); we love both.
6. Satin: The softness of satin is an elegant and opulent choice, but add a bow or ankle-tie and they’re totally swoon-worthy. (Photo credit: Left | Right)
7. Purple: These shoes are edible, but even if you can’t go Fendi, purple is still a wedding-worthy choice. (Photo Credit)
8. Silver and Gold: The metallic trend isn’t going anywhere, especially as we head into the fall and winter seasons. (Photo credit: Left | Right)
9. Bows: How can you deny bows? Especially when they’re made of pearls. (Photo Credit)
10. Drama: Your wedding day footwear is all you; no mother-in-law or bridesmaid gets to make the call. It’s your chance to make a dramatic and memorable statement, so why not go all the way? (Photo credit)
A great shoe is nothing if not captured by an amazing photographer. Click the photo credit links above to view the incredible artists behind these images.
For more shoe inspiration, follow our Wedding Shoes Pinterest Board!
August 28, 2012 | link | More:
The Path Less Traveled is a sweet little Etsy shop filled with unique party and wedding décor, custom keepsakes, and a few vintage pieces. Run by stay-at-home mom and artist Elizabeth Smillie, the shop is one of our favorite stops for cute cupcake toppers, fun garlands, and heart-shaped confetti! And who doesn’t love confetti? So, we’re excited to announce that we have a $50 gift certificate to The Path Less Traveled to give away to one lucky reader!
You can get yourself a lot of heart-shaped confetti and cupcake toppers for $50, so get signed up now! Visit our Subscribe & Win tab or “Like” www.eleGALA.com on Facebook to enter.
Drawing held October 1, 2012.
Remember Kate’s lace sleeves at the Royal Wedding? Yep, we’re still on that style train, which means we absolutely adore the sheer sleeves on this Rosa Clara gown. They gather effortlessly along the arm and remain sophisticated while being just a little bit sexy. The embellished waist and full tulle skirt totally seal the deal for us, making the Belinda by Rosa Clara one of our top picks from the Spring 2013 bridal runways.
Peep the entire Rosa Clara Spring 2013 collection at Rosaclara.es. You won’t be disappointed.
The creativity being infused into modern weddings is absolutely staggering. As we travel around the web gathering inspiration, our socks are consistently knocked off by innovative couples and amazing wedding professionals. This collection of links showcases our favorite sock-knocking-off moments found ‘round the web this week. Needless to say, we’re in love with this super fun escort card setup photographed by Luna Photo...
1. ...see the rest of this spectacular art deco–inspired wedding on 100 Layer Cake.
2. 50 fun, inexpensive date night ideas from Emmaline Bride!
3. Melt your heart wedding sweetness from the “queen of cool,” Elizabeth Messina and Kiss the Groom.
4. Lovely peach and green wedding ideas from Snippet & Ink.
5. Great Gatsby wedding inspiration over on Ruffled Blog.
6. Vintage wedding dress inspiration from Love Life Studios and Park Place Vintage.
7. Super fun, handcrafted Royal Rose simply syrups to jazz up cocktail hour.
8. Fun city hall wedding re-do with a zebra mask over on Well Groomed.
9. Izola flasks may just be the perfect wedding party gift.
10. And what is not to love about all these watercolor wedding invites put together by KC Weddings?
Above image by Luna Photo.
These customized canvas totes by Pamela Fugate Designs make adorable guest welcome bags or can be a fun add-on to your bridal party gifts. Best of all, you can pack your wedding day essentials in a tote that shouts your wedding date from the rooftops. We’ve partnered with Pamela Fugate Designs to award a set of five totes to one lucky bride-to-be. Visit our Subscribe & Win tab or “Like” www.eleGALA.com on Facebook to enter!
Drawing held August 1, 2012.