Whether velvet, satin, vintage, flower-embellished, sequin-covered, or the perfect shade of plum, the shoes found beneath the hem of a modern bride’s gown are almost always fabulous. Choosing a pair of shoes to sport while you say “I do” is not as simple as it used to be. Get inspired by these wedding shoe trends we love…
1. Flowers: Whether they’re oversized, organza, sparkly, or in some cases still alive, we love a bride who can really rock the floral trend. (Photo credit: Left | Right)
2. Booties: Who doesn’t love a stylish, lace up, open-toed bootie? The Seychelles on the left are actually called the “I do Pumps.” (Photo credit: Left | Right)
3. Turquoise: It’s in and we love it. Especially when it comes in the form of suede. (Photo credit: Left | Right)
4. Polka Dots: Add polka dots to your turquoise and you’re really in business. (Photo credit: Left | Right)
5. Vintage Lace: When you go vintage, you can choose to be dramatic (left) or soft and understated (right); we love both.
6. Satin: The softness of satin is an elegant and opulent choice, but add a bow or ankle-tie and they’re totally swoon-worthy. (Photo credit: Left | Right)
7. Purple: These shoes are edible, but even if you can’t go Fendi, purple is still a wedding-worthy choice. (Photo Credit)
8. Silver and Gold: The metallic trend isn’t going anywhere, especially as we head into the fall and winter seasons. (Photo credit: Left | Right)
9. Bows: How can you deny bows? Especially when they’re made of pearls. (Photo Credit)
10. Drama: Your wedding day footwear is all you; no mother-in-law or bridesmaid gets to make the call. It’s your chance to make a dramatic and memorable statement, so why not go all the way? (Photo credit)
A great shoe is nothing if not captured by an amazing photographer. Click the photo credit links above to view the incredible artists behind these images.
For more shoe inspiration, follow our Wedding Shoes Pinterest Board!
August 28, 2012 | link | More: