Choose Your Honeymoon Travel Accommodations
Before you start packing your bags, you will need to determine what accommodation style best suits your honeymoon desires.
Would you rather be in the company of other newlyweds, joined by families and other groups of vacationers, or shut off from the rest of society? Read on and discover the types of honeymoon accommodations that are out there…
All-Inclusive Honeymoon Resorts
As the term implies, an all-inclusive rate covers it all, from your overnight accommodations, meals, unlimited drinks, and entertainment to tips, taxes, airport transfers, and a mile-long list of activities for one flat fee. Once a phrase that carried negative connotations, more and more resorts are beginning to offer all-inclusive packages. While resorts vary on what exactly is included, you will likely only need to carry cash if you plan to indulge in gift shop paraphernalia, off-site excursions, a rental car, or spa treatments. But aside from booking a flight to your destination, all of the essentials are included. Sounds good, huh? Make sure you consider all aspects before hopping on board.
- All-inclusive packages can save you up to 25 percent off the cost of a vacation – just be sure to scout out the best deals and consider the cost of airfare to get to your destination. (Our honeymoon travel for less guide offers more budget-friendly advice.)
- Knowing exactly what your trip will cost you before you leave – no surprise costs or charges to deplete your funds.
- No need to carry a wallet – the ultimate stress reliever.
- Having the luxury of choosing a destination that offers activities to your liking.
- If your travel plans include a destination wedding, most all-inclusive resorts offer packages that include on-site ceremonies and receptions with the assistance of an on-site planner.
- Because all of the inclusive costs are for on-site activities, you may be less likely to venture outside of the property and discover all that your destination has to offer.
- A restricted number of activities and places to dine has the makings of monotony.
- If seclusion and spontaneity are what you crave, then you might want to consider another option that gives you the freedom to interact at your own leisure.
What better way to start your new life together than with other starry-eyed lovers? Couples-only resorts are limited to just that – exclusively twosomes. These love nests are havens for fine dining, dancing, and live entertainment, and all things romantic to ignite your libido. Before marching two by two to the next adult getaway, be sure to take the good and the bad into consideration.
- No scathing singles scene or screaming kids to distract you from spending some one-on-one time with your lover.
- Most couples-only resorts also fall under the all-inclusive category, where the flat rate includes a number of perks to make your stay as stress-free as possible.
- All of the amenities are crafted with romance in mind, from the intimate tables for two at dinner to the plus-size beds in the rooms.
- If you roll your eyes every time you see a revolting display of PDA, then a lovers-only getaway shouldn’t be in your itinerary.
Cruises have come a long way since the mainstream “mandatory-fun” voyages. Cruises now range from weekend excursions to weeklong journeys with tropical stopovers. Before climbing aboard, be sure and understand all that comes along with the price of setting sail; otherwise, you might find yourself in a scene from Boat Trip!
- Because of their nature, most cruises are all-inclusive, incorporating the cost of your cabin, meals, on-board activities, and entertainment.
- Endless amounts of action abound, from buffets galore to on-board sports and dances.
- Cruise types range according to length, destination, and type, so you are certain to find one that tickles your fancy.
- The phrase “cabin fever” comes to mind when thinking of being stuck out at sea.
- If you are not happy with your honeymoon selection, you are as good as stuck with your choice until the boat docks.
- Moments of privacy are few and far between.
If rapid rivers and Gatorade run through your veins, you might want to consider an adventurous expedition for your honeymoon. Whether you yearn for a safari, multi-sport adventure, or a week away at a dude ranch, the options are boundless.
- While most vacationers come home lethargic and a few pounds heavier, you will come home lean and lively.
- Most exploits include the cost of meals, accommodations, sightseeing trips, and instructors to guide you on your tumultuous expedition.
- Form camaraderie with your new husband as well as others in search of a little excitement and solidarity.
- While exercise is known to fuel the libido, you may be too exhausted at the end of the day to do anything about it.
- No matter how restless you and your hubby are, after months of tireless planning and a whirlwind wedding weekend, you might find yourself craving a little R&R.
- If your adventure plans include activities that you and your husband don’t normally engage in, you might have to spend more than anticipated on buying or renting equipment.